Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cell Phone Chargers - Too Many Different Kinds

The other week my wife and I went to get new cell phones and after we were done I immediately went back to the counter and reported that someone just stole my wallet. The sales associate asked me, 'How did you lose your wallet so quickly?' I then said, "You are the ones who stole it!!" While this story isn't all fiction it does address a problem that I have seen, there are just way too many cell phone chargers out there.

LG Electronics, Motorola, Audiovox, Siemens, Sanyo, and Apple, Verizon are some of the more popular cell phone brands available which multiples how many different types of cell phone chargers there are.

Verizon Cell

One of the problems with so many different types of cell phone chargers is none of them are compatible with the other. Since there is limited or no compatibility the consumer is forced to purchase each additional charger. When my wife and I got our new phones we then had to .99 for each charger. This is then when I started to get really annoyed.

Brand recognition has a lot to do with why companies have yet to respond in a reasonable way to address this compatibility this problem. Until these companies are required by law to have a universal charger they will continue to use this as a means to up sell their chargers.

As you know when there is a problem there are often opportunities made available for a market and niche to be worked. This problem with so many types of cell phone chargers has opened up the market for some companies like Zap, Portable Energy LLC to create such products that help the consumer out.

In the last 10 years I think I have had over 5 different cell phones and 7 different chargers (yes, I have lost a few). It would have been nice over the years to not to have to get a different charger with each phone. Now with so many chargers left over I am starting to consider starting a cell phone charger collection or maybe even starting charger art.

I don't think anyone would doubt that there are in fact way too many cell phone charges out in the market. The problem for the consumer has resulted in new markets opening up but, it is still very frustrating to have to hold onto a collection of chargers you now have no use of.

Cell Phone Chargers - Too Many Different Kinds

drugs rehabsdrugs rehabs

No comments:

Post a Comment